Arunachalee girl selected for Nat Bravery Award
Itanagar: Arunachalee girl Ipi Basar has been selected as one of the awardees at the National Bravery Award which will be presented by the Prime Minister in New Delhi during January next year.
Ipi will also participate in the Republic Day Parade 2011, official sources informed today.
Ipi risked her own life to save the lives of two others in the September 2009 inferno at Nyigam village in West Siang district.
She had saved the life of a 70-year-old completely paralysed Yompu Basar, her next door neighbour and mother of Jumnya Basar, a teacher.
She lost no time, jumped into fire and saved the septuagenarian and 4-year-old Pompi Basar, who refused to leave her loving granny to die inside the burning house. Ipi forcefully picked up Pompi first and despite getting her hand burnt entered the house again to rescue the immobile old lady who by then had sustained burn injuries on her leg.
Her courage and determination helped her to pick up the heavily-weighed woman.
All showered praises on Ipi, daughter of ASM Toi Basar, for saving the duo`s life.
For her brave act, the state government and Arunachal Press Club (APC) have already felicitated Ipi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow