Arunima Sinha cured of infection in amputated leg
New Delhi: National level athlete Arunima Sinha, who lost her leg after allegedly being pushed off a train, has been cured of infection in her amputated leg,
doctors at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, where she is undergoing treatment, said.
After making her undergo four sittings of VAC therapy -- to reduce the bacterial load in the infected amputated leg -- doctors will give a cover to her amputated leg and do some fixation of bones of the right leg tomorrow.
"Her amputated leg has responded well to the VAC therapy treatment. This leg is now free from all infection. We have decided to conduct the next round of surgery tomorrow which include giving a cover to the amputated leg and fixing
the bones of the right leg," Trauma Centre head MC Misra said.
"We will do the bone fixing of the right leg so that they can bear her body weight," he said.
The 23-year-old volleyball player lost her left leg after allegedly being pushed by robbers from a running train near Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh on April 11 and was shifted from a Lucknow hospital to AIIMS Trauma Centre on April 18
after she developed an infection in her amputated leg.
She underwent the first surgery when doctors put a
device in her amputated leg which included low intensity
suction pipes attached to a wound to drain out infected fluid.
Arunima has also got fractures in her spine and
suffered head injuries in the incident.
"For treatment of fracture in the spine," Dr Misra
said, "The only cure is complete bed rest."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested