Arunima Sinha cured of infection in amputated leg
New Delhi: National level athlete Arunima Sinha, who lost her leg after allegedly being pushed off a train, has been cured of infection in her amputated leg,
doctors at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, where she is undergoing treatment, said.
After making her undergo four sittings of VAC therapy -- to reduce the bacterial load in the infected amputated leg -- doctors will give a cover to her amputated leg and do some fixation of bones of the right leg tomorrow.
"Her amputated leg has responded well to the VAC therapy treatment. This leg is now free from all infection. We have decided to conduct the next round of surgery tomorrow which include giving a cover to the amputated leg and fixing
the bones of the right leg," Trauma Centre head MC Misra said.
"We will do the bone fixing of the right leg so that they can bear her body weight," he said.
The 23-year-old volleyball player lost her left leg after allegedly being pushed by robbers from a running train near Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh on April 11 and was shifted from a Lucknow hospital to AIIMS Trauma Centre on April 18
after she developed an infection in her amputated leg.
She underwent the first surgery when doctors put a
device in her amputated leg which included low intensity
suction pipes attached to a wound to drain out infected fluid.
Arunima has also got fractures in her spine and
suffered head injuries in the incident.
"For treatment of fracture in the spine," Dr Misra
said, "The only cure is complete bed rest."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing