Arunima Sinha to be an officer in CISF
New Delhi: Arunima Sinha, the country`s first amputee to conquer Mt Everest, will soon be a police officer.
Arunima in 2012 qualified a written test and skill abilities exam of the central government and qualified for getting an appointment as a Head Constable in the central paramilitary force CISF.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), according to Home Ministry sources, is now "considering" to promote and appoint her as an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in its establishment.
The out-of-turn promotion to the young girl will be given to her in view of her daunting feat beating all odds, the sources added.
Powered by sheer grit and determination, the 25-year-old girl successfully scaled the 8,848 metre-high world`s tallest summit on May 21.
The joy of being elevated and honoured by being appointed as a police officer in the CISF would come as an redemption for Arunima as she was travelling in the general compartment of Padmawati Express in April last year only to appear in an exam for recruitment in the same force.
Arunima, a resident of Ambedkar Nagar in Uttar Pradesh, was pushed out of the general compartment after she resisted a chain-snatching attempt by some criminals, as she was travelling from Lucknow to Delhi.
She was hit by a passing train and was seriously injured. She was hospitalised with serious leg and pelvic injuries and in a bid to save her life, doctors had to amputate her left leg below the knee.
According to official data, Arunima had approached CISF headquarters requesting employment in the force and taking a sympathetic view of her case, the force asked for directions from the Home Ministry and Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'