Arunima Sinha to be an officer in CISF
New Delhi: Arunima Sinha, the country`s first amputee to conquer Mt Everest, will soon be a police officer.
Arunima in 2012 qualified a written test and skill abilities exam of the central government and qualified for getting an appointment as a Head Constable in the central paramilitary force CISF.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), according to Home Ministry sources, is now "considering" to promote and appoint her as an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in its establishment.
The out-of-turn promotion to the young girl will be given to her in view of her daunting feat beating all odds, the sources added.
Powered by sheer grit and determination, the 25-year-old girl successfully scaled the 8,848 metre-high world`s tallest summit on May 21.
The joy of being elevated and honoured by being appointed as a police officer in the CISF would come as an redemption for Arunima as she was travelling in the general compartment of Padmawati Express in April last year only to appear in an exam for recruitment in the same force.
Arunima, a resident of Ambedkar Nagar in Uttar Pradesh, was pushed out of the general compartment after she resisted a chain-snatching attempt by some criminals, as she was travelling from Lucknow to Delhi.
She was hit by a passing train and was seriously injured. She was hospitalised with serious leg and pelvic injuries and in a bid to save her life, doctors had to amputate her left leg below the knee.
According to official data, Arunima had approached CISF headquarters requesting employment in the force and taking a sympathetic view of her case, the force asked for directions from the Home Ministry and Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...