Arushi murder: Talwars to appear before CBI court
Ghaziabad: Following Supreme Court order, which
rejected plea of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar for
quashing proceedings against them in the 2008 murder of their
daughter Arushi, the duo will appear before the CBI court in Ghaziabad
on February 4.
The Talwar couple will appear before the CBI special
magistrate Priti Singh after Apex court`s yesterday`s order in
which a bench of justices A K Ganguly and J S Khehar dismissed
On December 29, 2010, the CBI had filed a closure report
in the case, which the magistrate Singh refused to accepted.
The couple then challenged the order but it was upheld both
in high court and Supreme Court.
Aarushi, 14, the only daughter of the Talwars, was found
dead with her throat slit at the family`s Noida residence on
the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008 and the body of their
domestic help, Hemraj, was found on the terrace the next
day. The apex court further clarified that the magistrate is
not bound by the closure report filed by the CBI in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie