Arushi murder: Talwars to appear before CBI court
Ghaziabad: Following Supreme Court order, which
rejected plea of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar for
quashing proceedings against them in the 2008 murder of their
daughter Arushi, the duo will appear before the CBI court in Ghaziabad
on February 4.
The Talwar couple will appear before the CBI special
magistrate Priti Singh after Apex court`s yesterday`s order in
which a bench of justices A K Ganguly and J S Khehar dismissed
On December 29, 2010, the CBI had filed a closure report
in the case, which the magistrate Singh refused to accepted.
The couple then challenged the order but it was upheld both
in high court and Supreme Court.
Aarushi, 14, the only daughter of the Talwars, was found
dead with her throat slit at the family`s Noida residence on
the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008 and the body of their
domestic help, Hemraj, was found on the terrace the next
day. The apex court further clarified that the magistrate is
not bound by the closure report filed by the CBI in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400