Arvind Kejriwal asks Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi to clear stand on Mukesh Ambani
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Raising the poll pitch ahead of the crucial General Elections, former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday asked Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to break his silence on the gas pricing issue involving industrialist Mukesh Ambani.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader said that he has written a letter to the Gujarat Chief Minister asking him to reply on the gas pricing issue.
Kejriwal also claimed that the Congress-led government at the Centre has colluded with the top industrialist to raise the gas prices. The AAP chief said that the government has given undue favours to Reliance Industries.
Divulging details from his letter, the ex-Delhi CM said that he has asked Modi to reveal the source of funds for his massive rallies being held across the country.
The activist-turned politician also said that the BJP leader and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi should publicly disclose who owns the helicopters, which they use for travelling across the country. He also asked both the leaders to come clear on the payment made for the choppers used for their respective rallies.
He also asked Modi to disclose whether funds for election rallies are being paid by Mukesh Ambani. Kejriwal said that he would write a similar letter to Rahul tomorrow.
Attacking the BJP`s PM candidate over the issue of black money, Kejriwal cited media reports, which allege that Ambani himself has black money stashed in Swiss banks. The AAP leader asked whether Modi, who aspires to become the prime minister, would act against Ambani if he attains the top post.
Kejriwal said reports have been doing rounds that the incumbent UPA government is being run by the RIL chairman. “If Modi becomes the PM then will Mukesh Ambani continue to run his government?” the AAP leader asked.
Trying to corner Modi, the AAP leader also raised the issue of Parimal Nathwani. He asked the Gujarat CM to clarify how Nathwani, who is group president of Reliance was elected to Rajya Sabha on a BJP ticket.
He also asked Congress and the BJP to explain why they opposed the filing of FIR by Delhi Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) against Ambani.
“We will not take any amount of money as election fund from Ambani,” Kejriwal stressed.
Kejriwal concluded by saying, “AAP will circulate 10 crore copies of this letter across the country.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price