Arvind Kejriwal calls Manmohan Singh `Dhritarashtra’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Launching a personal attack, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh ‘Dhritarashtra’.
Attacking Dr Singh, over the coal blocks allocation scam and the missing files, Kejrwial said that the Prime Minister keeps signing and agreeing on files without speaking and seeing.
Ealie, defending the PM in connection with the alleged irregularities in the allocation of Talabira coal blocks to Hindalco, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had backed the PMO statement and said that the PM was not supposed to go through the nuances of the file before signing it.
"A file comes to the PMO, and then the office analyses the file and sends it to the Prime Minister…Do you expect the PM to read each page before signing it? I have been a minister. If things work like this, nothing will be accomplished?” Khurshid had said.
Last month, Former coal secretary PC Parakh’s had said that if he was named in the 14th FIR filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation wherein he was a conspirator in the case, then the PM should be “third conspirator” as he was the one who took the final decision.
A plea seeking a direction to the CBI to name Dr Singh in the case filed against industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla and Parakh in connection with a coal block allocation in Odisha, was dismissed by the Supreme Court last month.
A few files related to coal-block allocations from 1993-2009 are missing.
Trying to woo voters in Delhi, Kejriwal asked Delhiites to accept the bribe given by the netas for votes as it was their own money. However, the AAP leader also urged the people not to vote for such people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings