Arvind Kejriwal calls Manmohan Singh `Dhritarashtra’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Launching a personal attack, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh ‘Dhritarashtra’.
Attacking Dr Singh, over the coal blocks allocation scam and the missing files, Kejrwial said that the Prime Minister keeps signing and agreeing on files without speaking and seeing.
Ealie, defending the PM in connection with the alleged irregularities in the allocation of Talabira coal blocks to Hindalco, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had backed the PMO statement and said that the PM was not supposed to go through the nuances of the file before signing it.
"A file comes to the PMO, and then the office analyses the file and sends it to the Prime Minister…Do you expect the PM to read each page before signing it? I have been a minister. If things work like this, nothing will be accomplished?” Khurshid had said.
Last month, Former coal secretary PC Parakh’s had said that if he was named in the 14th FIR filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation wherein he was a conspirator in the case, then the PM should be “third conspirator” as he was the one who took the final decision.
A plea seeking a direction to the CBI to name Dr Singh in the case filed against industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla and Parakh in connection with a coal block allocation in Odisha, was dismissed by the Supreme Court last month.
A few files related to coal-block allocations from 1993-2009 are missing.
Trying to woo voters in Delhi, Kejriwal asked Delhiites to accept the bribe given by the netas for votes as it was their own money. However, the AAP leader also urged the people not to vote for such people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...