Arvind Kejriwal demands SIT probe against Robert Vadra
New Delhi: Claiming more evidence of a nexus, activist Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday demanded a probe by retired Supreme Court judges into the business relationship between Robert Vadra and DLF and a white paper by Haryana government on the benefits it allegedly gave to the realty major.
In a follow up to his earlier allegations of a quid pro quo between Vadra and DLF, he claimed he more proof to show there was a "nexus" between Haryana government and DLF, which was given land circumventing laws.
"Prima facie there is strong evidence (against Vadra). We demand an independent probe by a a Special Investigation Team of retired Supreme Court judges. An FIR should be lodged against Vadra immediately," he said.
Kejriwal, a former Revenue Service official, claimed that it was a "fit case" for the Income Tax Department to raid Vadra but when the country`s Finance Minister himself says that his account books are clean, "then who will have the courage to take action".
While there was no reaction from Vadra, Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi rejected as "baseless" the fresh charges levelled by him against Robert Vadra and said there was "nothing new and no proofs".
Daring Arvind Kejriwal to issue a white paper on the finances for his campaign, Alvi asked Kejriwal to file a criminal complaint in the matter and approach the court so that law can take its own course.
Rejecting the allegations, Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily said the matter relating to land deals was examined and it was found that there "no serious infirmity or violations" of Companies Law. "Appropriate action was taken for a few typical violations," he said.
Refuting contentions that this case would not hold water as Vadra is a private individual, lawyer Shanti Bhushan said Section 9 of Prevention of Corruption Act and Section 114 of Evidence Act clearly shows that a solid case can be made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears