Arvind Kejriwal `forgives Nachiketa` who threw black ink on him
Zee Media Bureau/Sushmita Dutta
New Delhi: After high drama at Aaam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal`s press conference here on Monday in which an alleged Bharatiya Janata Party`s activist Nachiketa threw black ink on him, the AAP leader said that he had forgiven the man.
Kejriwal posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - "I forgive Nachiketa. I have no ill will against him."
He further tweeted, "He (Nachiketa) seems to have some misconceptions about us (AAP)."
Meanwhile, soon after the incident, BJP today distanced itself from the controversial man Nachiketa.
"This person (Nachiketa) has nothing to do with the BJP, this is an attempt to malign the BJP," party leader Meenakshi Lekhi said.
On the backdrop of this political slugfest, Kejriwal further tweeted, "We wish to alter this politics of violence and revenge."
The man, who identified himself as Nachiketa Walnekar, allegedly a Bharatiya Janata Party activist, created a ruckus 10 minutes into the packed press conference when Kejriwal was taking questions from the media.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader was explaining his stand on complaints made against him to Anna Hazare, with whom he had led an anti-corruption campaign that gripped Delhi two years ago.
Just as Kejriwal, who was sitting on the dais with other party leaders, demanded a probe into the allegations against him, Walnekar threw the paint and started shouting pro-Hazare slogans. He was then bundled away by AAP activists.
Drops of paint fell on Kejriwal`s left cheek while AAP national executive member Manish Sisodia`s cap was smeared in black paint. Sisodia is contesting from Patparganj assembly seat.
Meanwhile, social activist Anna Hazare disapproved of the throwing of black ink on AAP leaders and said entry of tainted people into legislatures must be stopped.
Hazare`s clarification came after Walnekar, who claimed to be an Anna supporter while created a ruckus at the AAP`s press conference.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why