Arvind Kejriwal `forgives Nachiketa` who threw black ink on him
Zee Media Bureau/Sushmita Dutta
New Delhi: After high drama at Aaam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal`s press conference here on Monday in which an alleged Bharatiya Janata Party`s activist Nachiketa threw black ink on him, the AAP leader said that he had forgiven the man.
Kejriwal posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - "I forgive Nachiketa. I have no ill will against him."
He further tweeted, "He (Nachiketa) seems to have some misconceptions about us (AAP)."
Meanwhile, soon after the incident, BJP today distanced itself from the controversial man Nachiketa.
"This person (Nachiketa) has nothing to do with the BJP, this is an attempt to malign the BJP," party leader Meenakshi Lekhi said.
On the backdrop of this political slugfest, Kejriwal further tweeted, "We wish to alter this politics of violence and revenge."
The man, who identified himself as Nachiketa Walnekar, allegedly a Bharatiya Janata Party activist, created a ruckus 10 minutes into the packed press conference when Kejriwal was taking questions from the media.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader was explaining his stand on complaints made against him to Anna Hazare, with whom he had led an anti-corruption campaign that gripped Delhi two years ago.
Just as Kejriwal, who was sitting on the dais with other party leaders, demanded a probe into the allegations against him, Walnekar threw the paint and started shouting pro-Hazare slogans. He was then bundled away by AAP activists.
Drops of paint fell on Kejriwal`s left cheek while AAP national executive member Manish Sisodia`s cap was smeared in black paint. Sisodia is contesting from Patparganj assembly seat.
Meanwhile, social activist Anna Hazare disapproved of the throwing of black ink on AAP leaders and said entry of tainted people into legislatures must be stopped.
Hazare`s clarification came after Walnekar, who claimed to be an Anna supporter while created a ruckus at the AAP`s press conference.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees