Arvind Kejriwal has changed, wants to be PM: Anna Hazare
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare, once regarded as the mentor of former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, says that his former aide is now a changed person and aspiring to be the prime minister of the country.
Speaking to a private TV news channel, the anti-corruption crusader slammed the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and said that after tendering his resignation, Kejriwal should have vacated the official bungalow, but he hasn`t done that.
“It can be clearly seen that the ex-Delhi CM has PM ambitions,” Anna was quoted as saying.
Kejriwal and Anna, who together launched the anti-corruption movement, parted ways after the former launched a political outfit last year.
The 76-year-old social activist has recently announced his support to West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in the upcoming General Elections.
"I am supporting didi (Mamata Banerjee) not because of her party, but due to her thoughts for the country and society," IANS quoted Hazare saying at a press conference along with Banerjee.
Anna said he would not support Kejriwal as he didn`t even replied to his letter regarding 17-point agenda to "change the country".
"I had written a letter to all political parties and Arvind Kejriwal in which there were 17 points to change the country. Only didi accepted these points," Hazare said.
"Arvind did not answer my letter and there is no question of supporting him," said the activist, who was once close to Kejriwal.
Hazare also said that he won`t support Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi or Kejriwal.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling