Arvind Kejriwal has changed, wants to be PM: Anna Hazare
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare, once regarded as the mentor of former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, says that his former aide is now a changed person and aspiring to be the prime minister of the country.
Speaking to a private TV news channel, the anti-corruption crusader slammed the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and said that after tendering his resignation, Kejriwal should have vacated the official bungalow, but he hasn`t done that.
“It can be clearly seen that the ex-Delhi CM has PM ambitions,” Anna was quoted as saying.
Kejriwal and Anna, who together launched the anti-corruption movement, parted ways after the former launched a political outfit last year.
The 76-year-old social activist has recently announced his support to West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in the upcoming General Elections.
"I am supporting didi (Mamata Banerjee) not because of her party, but due to her thoughts for the country and society," IANS quoted Hazare saying at a press conference along with Banerjee.
Anna said he would not support Kejriwal as he didn`t even replied to his letter regarding 17-point agenda to "change the country".
"I had written a letter to all political parties and Arvind Kejriwal in which there were 17 points to change the country. Only didi accepted these points," Hazare said.
"Arvind did not answer my letter and there is no question of supporting him," said the activist, who was once close to Kejriwal.
Hazare also said that he won`t support Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi or Kejriwal.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees