Arvind Kejriwal has more ‘evidence’ against Robert Vadra?
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal, who has alleged that Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra was given an unsecured, interest-free loan of Rs 65 crore by DLF, is likely to come up with fresh evidence on Tuesday.
After his allegations against Vadra created a storm, Kejriwal had said that he had more evidence of the businessman’s dubious deals with realty major DLF. Kejriwal has accused Vadra, the husband of Sonia’s daughter Priyanka Gandhi, of many such deals because of his closeness to the Congress high command.
The fresh evidence is expected to come out a day after the political spat over the assets of Vadra continued with the party saying that Kejriwal had no documents to prove his charges. The BJP, meanwhile, alleged that the ruling party was shying away from a probe into the matter.
"The Congress is shying away from investigation. Today, we have ministers telling there should not be any inquiry against Robert Vadra," said BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman.
Senior BJP leader Shanta Kumar also targeted Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka, who is married to Vadra, suggesting a probe in her family property in Shimla.
"Priyanka Vadra`s family also has a property in Shimla. I don`t have the full information about it but it is worth crores of rupees," said Shanta Kumar in his letter dated October 7 to Kejriwal.
Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan have alleged Vadra bought properties much above his capital base with help from realty major DLF, a charge denied by the corporate.
The Congress and the government have defended Vadra.
"Unless there is a specific allegation of quid pro quo or corruption, I am afraid private transactions cannot and ought not to be allowed to be questioned on the basis of imputations and insinuations," said Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said there were no documents to prove the charges against Vadra and alleged Kejriwal was seeking "cheap publicity".
"Has he gone to any agency, registered any FIR? An inquiry will only happen when papers will be given. You cannot prove anyone guilty by flashing papers in the media. The reality is that they don`t have any documents to prove their allegation," Alvi said.
The IAC had alleged on October 5 that Vadra had bought properties worth over Rs 300 crore between 2007 and 2010 with an interest-free unsecured loan of Rs 65 crore from realty major DLF.
They claimed the properties were given at undervalued rates in exchange of favours allegedly received from Congress state governments in Haryana, Rajasthan and Delhi.
DLF had on Saturday denied it had advanced any unsecured loan to Vadra, or sold its assets to him at throwaway prices, or that there was a quid pro quo in the transactions.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark