Arvind Kejriwal hits out at BJP, Congress after AAP gets EC notice
New Delhi: A day after the Election Commission (EC) issued a notice to Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal for distributing a pamphlet that reportedly contained an appeal for votes on religious grounds, the activist-turned politician termed it as a joint strategy of the BJP and the Congress Party.
"The setting between the two parties has become evident again and again. If the Congress has filed a complaint, it is because, and I can understand, we have rattled their party," he said.
"Congress writes and BJP goes to file the complaint. So, I am stressing again and again that the BJP and the Congress meet every night in a closed room and make joint strategies," he added.
The EC notice was issued after Rajouri Garden resident Harish Khurana complained to the former about a pamphlet distributed by AAP.
Kejriwal has reportedly presented the AAP as a "secular" alternative for Delhi`s Muslim voters.
"The BJP is a communal party ... until now, the Muslims (of Delhi) did not have an alternative. But now they have got an honest and secular alternative. I appeal to all Muslims to join AAP in its efforts to create a cleaner polity," the pamphlet Kejriwal, as saying.
The EC held Kejriwal prima facie violative of the Model Code of Conduct, and ask him to reply to its notice by 11 am on November 25, failing which, it warned that action could be taken.
Kejriwal has been found guilty of violating against him for violating sub para(3) of Para I of the MCC.
According to this provision of the poll code for guidance of political parties and candidates, "there shall be no appeal to caste or communal feelings, for securing votes...mosques, churches, temples or other places of worship shall not be used as forum for election propaganda."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill