Arvind Kejriwal hits out at BJP, Congress after AAP gets EC notice
New Delhi: A day after the Election Commission (EC) issued a notice to Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal for distributing a pamphlet that reportedly contained an appeal for votes on religious grounds, the activist-turned politician termed it as a joint strategy of the BJP and the Congress Party.
"The setting between the two parties has become evident again and again. If the Congress has filed a complaint, it is because, and I can understand, we have rattled their party," he said.
"Congress writes and BJP goes to file the complaint. So, I am stressing again and again that the BJP and the Congress meet every night in a closed room and make joint strategies," he added.
The EC notice was issued after Rajouri Garden resident Harish Khurana complained to the former about a pamphlet distributed by AAP.
Kejriwal has reportedly presented the AAP as a "secular" alternative for Delhi`s Muslim voters.
"The BJP is a communal party ... until now, the Muslims (of Delhi) did not have an alternative. But now they have got an honest and secular alternative. I appeal to all Muslims to join AAP in its efforts to create a cleaner polity," the pamphlet Kejriwal, as saying.
The EC held Kejriwal prima facie violative of the Model Code of Conduct, and ask him to reply to its notice by 11 am on November 25, failing which, it warned that action could be taken.
Kejriwal has been found guilty of violating against him for violating sub para(3) of Para I of the MCC.
According to this provision of the poll code for guidance of political parties and candidates, "there shall be no appeal to caste or communal feelings, for securing votes...mosques, churches, temples or other places of worship shall not be used as forum for election propaganda."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks