Arvind Kejriwal: Inked, punched and now slapped in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: In yet another shameful incident, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal was slapped by an unidentified man during a road-show by the party in Delhi on Friday.
The AAP`s road-show was passing through Dakshinpuri area of south Delhi when a unidentified man climbed on to the open jeep in which Kejriwal was travelling. He then slapped and punched him repeatedly.
The man, in his early twenties, was cornered by AAP workers and thrashed before the police took him away.
Kejriwal was also shown black flags by a groups of people during the road-show. They claimed to be local residents and said that they were angry with AAP for abandoning Delhi after 49 days in power.
Undeterred, Kejriwal said, “Let them attack us (but) we will not raise our hands. They can take our lives." He also urged supporters to maintain calm.
In an apparent reference to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Kejriwal said, “Some people will do anything to become the PM.”
Today’s incident comes days after a man punched Kejriwal and tried to slap him during a similar road-show in Haryana.
The former Delhi chief minister had also faced an ink attack in Varanasi. An egg was also hurled at his car outside the Vishwanath Temple.
The repeated attacks on Kejriwal would be a cause of worry for the Delhi Police, which looks after his security despite he having refused to accept any cover.
Senior party leader Yogendra Yadav also came under a similar attack at Jantar Mantar in the national capital. A man wearing an AAP cap had smeared ink on his face during an event to mark Women`s Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees