Arvind Kejriwal: Inked, punched and now slapped in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: In yet another shameful incident, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal was slapped by an unidentified man during a road-show by the party in Delhi on Friday.
The AAP`s road-show was passing through Dakshinpuri area of south Delhi when a unidentified man climbed on to the open jeep in which Kejriwal was travelling. He then slapped and punched him repeatedly.
The man, in his early twenties, was cornered by AAP workers and thrashed before the police took him away.
Kejriwal was also shown black flags by a groups of people during the road-show. They claimed to be local residents and said that they were angry with AAP for abandoning Delhi after 49 days in power.
Undeterred, Kejriwal said, “Let them attack us (but) we will not raise our hands. They can take our lives." He also urged supporters to maintain calm.
In an apparent reference to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Kejriwal said, “Some people will do anything to become the PM.”
Today’s incident comes days after a man punched Kejriwal and tried to slap him during a similar road-show in Haryana.
The former Delhi chief minister had also faced an ink attack in Varanasi. An egg was also hurled at his car outside the Vishwanath Temple.
The repeated attacks on Kejriwal would be a cause of worry for the Delhi Police, which looks after his security despite he having refused to accept any cover.
Senior party leader Yogendra Yadav also came under a similar attack at Jantar Mantar in the national capital. A man wearing an AAP cap had smeared ink on his face during an event to mark Women`s Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'