Arvind Kejriwal: Inked, punched and now slapped in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: In yet another shameful incident, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal was slapped by an unidentified man during a road-show by the party in Delhi on Friday.
The AAP`s road-show was passing through Dakshinpuri area of south Delhi when a unidentified man climbed on to the open jeep in which Kejriwal was travelling. He then slapped and punched him repeatedly.
The man, in his early twenties, was cornered by AAP workers and thrashed before the police took him away.
Kejriwal was also shown black flags by a groups of people during the road-show. They claimed to be local residents and said that they were angry with AAP for abandoning Delhi after 49 days in power.
Undeterred, Kejriwal said, “Let them attack us (but) we will not raise our hands. They can take our lives." He also urged supporters to maintain calm.
In an apparent reference to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Kejriwal said, “Some people will do anything to become the PM.”
Today’s incident comes days after a man punched Kejriwal and tried to slap him during a similar road-show in Haryana.
The former Delhi chief minister had also faced an ink attack in Varanasi. An egg was also hurled at his car outside the Vishwanath Temple.
The repeated attacks on Kejriwal would be a cause of worry for the Delhi Police, which looks after his security despite he having refused to accept any cover.
Senior party leader Yogendra Yadav also came under a similar attack at Jantar Mantar in the national capital. A man wearing an AAP cap had smeared ink on his face during an event to mark Women`s Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore