Arvind Kejriwal is by persuasion a naxalite: Subramanian Swamy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking pot shots at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kewjriwal, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is by persuasion a naxalite.
Swamy`s comments comes after AAP government in Delhi today announced that Delhiites, who had not paid their electricity bills during Arvind Kejriwal`s agitation against alleged inflated billing by discoms, will get a 50 percent rebate in payment of arrears.
The government has decided to waive 50 percent of the power bills for those who did not pay from October 2012 and did not submit the bills until December 2013, Delhi Minister Manish Sisodia said.
The BJP leader also hit out at Rashtria Janata Dal (RJD) Lalu Prasad Yadav saying that the former Bihar chief minister is trying to please Congress president Sonia Gandhi by speaking in extremes, as quoted by ANI.
Swamy also said that Lalu should prepare for another jail term.
The RJD chief was convicted by a CBI-designated court on September 30 for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury when Lalu was chief minister.
All the 45 accused were convicted including Lalu. He was sent to the Birsa Munda central jail and the quantum of punishment was announced through video-conferencing on October 03.
He was sentenced to five years in prison and imposed a fine of Rs 25 lakh. After his conviction, Lalu lost the membership of Parliament in line with a Supreme Court ruling.
The SC in December granted him bail in connection with the fodder scam case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore