Arvind Kejriwal is by persuasion a naxalite: Subramanian Swamy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking pot shots at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kewjriwal, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is by persuasion a naxalite.
Swamy`s comments comes after AAP government in Delhi today announced that Delhiites, who had not paid their electricity bills during Arvind Kejriwal`s agitation against alleged inflated billing by discoms, will get a 50 percent rebate in payment of arrears.
The government has decided to waive 50 percent of the power bills for those who did not pay from October 2012 and did not submit the bills until December 2013, Delhi Minister Manish Sisodia said.
The BJP leader also hit out at Rashtria Janata Dal (RJD) Lalu Prasad Yadav saying that the former Bihar chief minister is trying to please Congress president Sonia Gandhi by speaking in extremes, as quoted by ANI.
Swamy also said that Lalu should prepare for another jail term.
The RJD chief was convicted by a CBI-designated court on September 30 for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury when Lalu was chief minister.
All the 45 accused were convicted including Lalu. He was sent to the Birsa Munda central jail and the quantum of punishment was announced through video-conferencing on October 03.
He was sentenced to five years in prison and imposed a fine of Rs 25 lakh. After his conviction, Lalu lost the membership of Parliament in line with a Supreme Court ruling.
The SC in December granted him bail in connection with the fodder scam case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured