Arvind Kejriwal launches political ‘revolution’ party
New Delhi: On a mission to change the system, Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday declared that he along with his team, is ready to plunge into politics.
“It is not a party, it is a revolution. Our politics will strengthen the revolution…Dharam Yudh has begun in the county,” he said after his team released a vision document titled ‘Swaraj ka Sankalp’. The document says it`s not a political party but a political revolution, the official name of the party will be declared on November 26.
“We will uproot the system as it is today. The idea is to change the system they are getting into politics. Whatever needs to be done will have to done within 10 days of coming to power otherwise there are forces that will prevent us,” he said.
“There is no democracy in the country, we want that the people should rule directly - an election every five years is not democracy- as per us, seeking public’s opinions before taking decisions is what democracy is,” he added.
“We are working on a model through which power will be wrested in the hands of the people and we will implement it within 10 days if we win in the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls,” Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal accused Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of being an ‘agent’ of corporations that control electricity supply in the city state, while demanding that the state government roll back the recent hike in power and water tariff.
On apprehensions on the timing of the launch of the movement, “…some said that we should have waited but the nation is being sold. How could we have waited longer? Coal, land, forests, mountains, and even a river in Chhattisgarh have been sold. If we delay it further then India would not survive for more than 5-6 years.”
“There is no Opposition in the country. Everybody is in the government, only we are in the Opposition. We don’t know whether we will win or lose but if I don’t fight then my children will question me on why I let go a chance to change the country,” he said amid thunderous applause.
In a no hold barred attack on the political class, Kejriwal said, “Power is only for gundas…. Congress, BJP, everybody has looted the country. They say we are hungry for power, earlier when one used to fight polls he was called a desh bakht and now people say that he is hungry for power. This is not my party, this is the party of the lakhs who came to Jantar Mantar and Ramleela Maidan, and this is the party of the people of the country.”
“If Rabri Devi can be chief minister of Bihar, then the people of the country can also form their own party,” he said.
“Our country is a nation of VIPs, this VIP culture won’t be tolerated, there will only one VIP and it is the aam admi,” he said.
Setting the stage, Kejriwal said that he will make an explosive revelation on corruption by two very senior politicians on October 6 at 3 pm.
Kejriwal also said that someone recently told him that a story is going to be circulated by the Congress in the next few days that I have joined hands with them for Rs 20 crore.
Referring to the JP movement, Kejriwal said that after 30 years the nation has got another chance to change the country.
Earlier, his associate Yogendra Yadav released the vision document which says that no MP and MLA will use red light cars meant for VIPs.
The MPs and MLAs of Kejriwal`s party will also not live in government bungalows and enjoy security. The vision document also says that if the party wins, the Lokpal Bill will be brought within ten days of the elections.
Also, to maintain transparency, the vision document says all the expenditure will be put on the party`s website immediately.
At the launch, Kejriwal left it to his colleagues to refer to Hazare, who had parted ways with the Kejriwal group 13 days ago and disallowed them to use his name or photo in their campaigns. At the venue, "I am Anna" caps, which was prominent in the Team Anna agitations, gave way to "I am Aam Aadmi (common man)" caps.
Distancing himself from the political route, activist Kumar Vishwas said he will not be a member of the party and will remain apolitical.
"I am not a member of the party. If some thing goes wrong with the party, say after ten years, there should be people left to fight against it at Jantar Mantar," he said.
In an apparent reference to Hazare`s remarks that politics is "full of dirt", activist Sanjay Singh said the politics done by Mahatma Gandhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Jyoti Basu, EMS Namboordiripad, or Raj Narain were not so.
"Politics is not always full of dirty. It is being made so," he said.
Referring to Hazare, another activist Gopal Rai said "the objectives of the party are the dreams of the `fakir` of Ralegan Siddhi. We will make it happen." He also referred to Hazare`s remarks of extending support to Kejriwal if he contests election.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo