Arvind Kejriwal misused Lokpal agitation funds: Anna Hazare in video
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after social activist Anna Hazare reiterated that his name should not be misused by Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), a video has emerged in which the anti-corruption activist is seen saying funds collected during the Ramlila Maidan protests were being misused.
The video of a closed-door meeting, recorded in December 2012, shows Anna saying he was disappointed with the way the over Rs 3 crores collected during the Ramlila agitation in his name for the Jan Lokpal movement were being misused.
The AAP, in its reaction, described the video as part of a smear campaign to discredit Arvind Kejriwal, who is leading AAP’s battle in the December 4 Delhi Assembly Elections.
As per reports, AAP leader Sanjay Singh questioned the timing of the emergence of the video. He asked why has the video come to the fore just a fortnight before the Delhi elections.
Calling it a political conspiracy, Singh said the party was ready for any kind of probe. “If we are found guilty, AAP will withdraw from contesting elections," he stated.
On Tuesday, Kejriwal sent close aide Kumar Vishwas to Anna’s village Ralegan Siddhi to meet the Gandhian. Vishwas is reported to have explained to Anna AAP`s position on the issues raised by him.
Anna had yesterday categorically told the AAP not to use his name in any way during campaigning for the Delhi Assembly Elections.
Speaking to reporters, Anna had said that he has been made an accused in a court case that deals with SIM cards issued in his name. Those SIM cards were used during his Jan Lokpal Movement to collect funds.
“When I have nothing to do with those SIM cards, then why I have been made an accused in the case. That is why I suspect my name is being misused,” Anna alleged.
The activist added he had a feeling that his name was being misused, “that is why I wrote a letter to Kejriwal”.
“I am ready to talk to Arvind if he wants to speak to me,” Anna said, while denying that he wrote the letter at someone else’s behest.
“Arvind and I are not enemies. I had a doubt and therefore I wrote to Arvind seeking a clarification.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket