Arvind Kejriwal ran away from battlefield: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Slamming AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for resigning as the Delhi Chief Minister, Shiv Sena on Saturday called him a "deserter" who ran away from the battlefield.
"Kejriwal ran away from the battlefield....He is a deserter. It is the betrayal of the people," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said, talking to reporters here.
He said it is upto the people to decide who they want to choose now. "BJP should now strive to form the government in Delhi. Holding the elections again and again is not good for the country," he added.
BJP bagged 31 seats in the Delhi Assembly elections but refused to form the government stating that it did not have the numbers.
Suffering a defeat in the Assembly on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Kejriwal yesterday stepped down, bringing to an end a tumultuous run of 49 days in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption