Arvind Kejriwal ran away from battlefield: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Slamming AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for resigning as the Delhi Chief Minister, Shiv Sena on Saturday called him a "deserter" who ran away from the battlefield.
"Kejriwal ran away from the battlefield....He is a deserter. It is the betrayal of the people," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said, talking to reporters here.
He said it is upto the people to decide who they want to choose now. "BJP should now strive to form the government in Delhi. Holding the elections again and again is not good for the country," he added.
BJP bagged 31 seats in the Delhi Assembly elections but refused to form the government stating that it did not have the numbers.
Suffering a defeat in the Assembly on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Kejriwal yesterday stepped down, bringing to an end a tumultuous run of 49 days in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital