Arvind Kejriwal ran away from battlefield: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Slamming AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for resigning as the Delhi Chief Minister, Shiv Sena on Saturday called him a "deserter" who ran away from the battlefield.
"Kejriwal ran away from the battlefield....He is a deserter. It is the betrayal of the people," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said, talking to reporters here.
He said it is upto the people to decide who they want to choose now. "BJP should now strive to form the government in Delhi. Holding the elections again and again is not good for the country," he added.
BJP bagged 31 seats in the Delhi Assembly elections but refused to form the government stating that it did not have the numbers.
Suffering a defeat in the Assembly on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Kejriwal yesterday stepped down, bringing to an end a tumultuous run of 49 days in power.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged