Arvind Kejriwal ran away from battlefield: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Slamming AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for resigning as the Delhi Chief Minister, Shiv Sena on Saturday called him a "deserter" who ran away from the battlefield.
"Kejriwal ran away from the battlefield....He is a deserter. It is the betrayal of the people," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said, talking to reporters here.
He said it is upto the people to decide who they want to choose now. "BJP should now strive to form the government in Delhi. Holding the elections again and again is not good for the country," he added.
BJP bagged 31 seats in the Delhi Assembly elections but refused to form the government stating that it did not have the numbers.
Suffering a defeat in the Assembly on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Kejriwal yesterday stepped down, bringing to an end a tumultuous run of 49 days in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility