Arvind Kejriwal refuses security offered by Delhi Police
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal on Friday refused security offered by Delhi Police.
“Thank you, but God is my biggest PSO, kindly use the services to provide security to Aam Aadmi,” Kejriwal wrote in a letter to Delhi Police chief.
A Delhi police team today reached Kejriwal`s Kaushambi residence to make a security assessment for the AAP leader ahead of his meeting with the Lt Governor on Saturday to discuss government formation in the national capital.
A three-member team reached Kejriwal`s residence at around 5 PM and stayed there for more than an hour.
According to a senior Delhi police official, the exercise was done to assess the security needs for Kejriwal.
"He has been invited to discuss government formation in the national capital by the LG. If he accepts the proposal, we may have to extend security to him right away. The assessment was carried out to keep things ready at our end in case a need arises," the official said.
Earlier also, Kejriwal had refused to take security from any agency citing the moral principles he and his party stands for.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP