Arvind Kejriwal repeating allegations made by Congress earlier: BJP
Gandhinagar: Terming AAP as the B-team of Congress, Gujarat BJP on Friday said its leader Arvind Kejriwal was repeating allegations made earlier by the main opposition party in the state.
"Just like the Congress, the AAP levels false and baseless charges against us," Gujarat BJP unit chief RC Faldu said, adding AAP was nothing but the `B-team` of the main opposition Congress party in Gujarat.
"If we were corrupt, as claimed by Kejriwal, then why do the people of Gujarat elect us repeatedly," Faldu said.
Kejriwal had levelled 16 allegations against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s government and today went on to meet Modi at his Gandhinagar residence, but he was not given an appointment.
Replying to a question on why Modi did not give Kejriwal an appointment, Faldu feigned ignorance saying he had not heard of the incident, since he was out of the town.
When asked about the involvement of BJP workers in attacks on cars of Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, Faldu argued that they would have hurt their feelings.
"Kejriwal or his men must have said something derogatory about Modi, which may not have gone well with party workers," Faldu said.
The BJP also rubbished corruption allegations by Kejriwal against two of the ministers, including state water resources minister Babu Bokhiria and claimed that "injustice" was being done to Bokhiria.
During a press conference at the BJP headquarters here today, state agriculture minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama defended BJP`s decision not to remove Bokhiria as minister, even after a lower court gave a verdict against him, regarding corruption charges against him.
"As a party, BJP feels that Bokhiria has not done anything wrong. So, why should BJP remove him? We feel that injustice is being done to him. That is why he knocked at the doors of the higher court," Chudasama said, during his interaction with reporters.
Though Bokhiria was also present at the press meet, he remained silent when reporters questioned him, preferring to let Chudasama and Gujarat BJP president RC Faldu defend him.
Chudasama claimed that since Bokhiria has already acquired a stay on the old verdict, it was of no importance.
"Babubhai feels that he is innocent. Thus, there is no question of removing him," Chudasama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death