Arvind Kejriwal slams Digvijay Singh, says never lobbied for NAC
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday rubbished Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s claim that he had lobbied for an entry into Sonia Gandhi-led National Advisory Council seven years ago, saying he has never approached anyone for this.
"I have never approached anyone for NAC. I never had any desire for being a member of NAC," Kejriwal told a news agency when asked about Singh`s claims that he along with Swami Agnivesh had met him for help in getting into NAC in 2005-06.
When contacted, Agnivesh said the meeting is said to have happened six-seven years ago and he does not remember any such meeting.
"The issue which Singh raised happened in 2005-06. Time has passed. I don`t remember whether I met him with Kejriwal or not," Agnivesh said.
In a letter to Kejriwal, the AICC general secretary has described the activist as a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac" having "streak" of Hitler in him. Singh alleged that Kejriwal wanted him to recommend his name for being made a member of the NAC.
Yesterday, Kejriwal said Singh`s letter describing him as a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac" does not merit a response and it only showed that Congress party was "completely rattled and baffled".
"Digvijay`s letter to me does not merit a response. Congress seems to be completely rattled and baffled. That is apparent from Digvijay`s letter. Digvijay seems Congress` last resort," Kejriwal had said.
Responding to Singh`s remarks, Kejriwal`s close associate, Kumar Vishwas, said, "We have only one thing to say to him. Get well soon."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?