Arvind Kejriwal supporters roughed up by Delhi Police
New Delhi: The supporters of activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal were reportedly roughed up by Delhi police personnel for trying to get an FIR lodged in the case of a minor`s rape in Narela, in the outskirts of Delhi on Saturday evening.
Locals and Aam Aadmi Party leaders were protesting against cops who allegedly refused to lodge an FIR in connection with the alleged attempt to rape of a four-year-old girl.
After the protests, an FIR was lodged under section 376 which is attempt to rape.
Police also took disciplinary action against two policemen, who are alleged to have refused to file an FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region