Arvind Kejriwal, Sushilkumar Shinde heading for another showdown?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It appears that the AAP-led Delhi government and the Centre are heading for another showdown. As per a report in a leading English daily, the Union Home Ministry has gone back on its decision to clear the appointment of senior IPS officer Praveer Ranjan as head of the Delhi Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had specifically requested for Ranjan`s appointment as ACB chief.
The Home Ministry had initially okayed Ranjan`s deputation in the Delhi government`s anti-corruption wing, but retracted the decision later following the recent showdown between AAP and the Centre over the demand for suspension of four officials of the Delhi Police.
Also, Kejriwal has been attacking Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde of late, while pressing for transferring the control over the Delhi Police to the AAP government.
The Delhi CM has even accused the Home Minister of taking bribes for transferring police officials to locations of their choice.
Shinde too has hit back at the Delhi CM, whose government in the national capital is running with the outside support of the Congress party. Shinde described Kejriwal as a "mad chief minister" at an event.
As per the report, the development comes amidst preparations by the AAP government to order an ACB investigation against former Delhi chief minister Shiela Dikshit and her cabinet colleagues in connection with the 2010 Commonwealth Games scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rio Olympics: Graem McDowell turns down the chance to take Rory McIlroy`s spot
- China, Russia bilateral relation has reached unprecedented level: Putin
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage