Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Narendra Modi`s home turf on March 8
Ahmedabad: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal plans to campaign in BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s home turf on March 8, a state where the AAP is trying hard to emerge as the third alternative to the Congress and the BJP.
"Kejriwal will visit the state on March 8," Gujarat convener of AAP Sukhdev Patel said here today.
"The details of his programme are being worked out, but he will address a rally in the city and also meet people of different sections of society to find out the truth about development claims under the present government," Patel said.
Kejriwal has taken on Modi directly by writing an open letter to him to clarify his position on the gas pricing policy, which AAP claimed would benefit the Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance India Ltd, which considered close to Modi.
Kejriwal would enter Gujarat`s untested waters to test his AAP style of politics, though the state seems to support Modi.
People of the state are also unhappy with the fact that AAP has given ticket to Narmada Bachao Andolan leader Medha Patkar whose agitation has ensured that work on the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the Narmada river is yet to be completed.
The AAP has registered four lakh people as primary members from Gujarat.
AAP`s local unit is confident that the party would have a reasonable success in the state, since people are fed up with corrupt practises of the Congress and the BJP, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena