Arvind Kejriwal will contest against Narendra Modi in Varanasi: AAP leader
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Putting an end to all speculations, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Sanjay Singh on Tuesday announced that party chief Arvind Kejriwal will contest against Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from Varanasi.
Singh`s statement comes two days after BJP announced that the Gujarat Chief Minister will contest the Lok Sabha polls from Varanasi.
The AAP leader said that the formal announcement will be made during March 25 rally scheduled to be held in Varanasi.
Singh, who is considered to be Kejriwal`s close confidante further said that it would have been interesting if Congress vice president, Rahul Gandhi, BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav would have contested from a same constituency for the upcoming General Elections.
Earlier today, AAP national convener said his decision to enter the electoral fray from Varanasi was not a "symbolic gesture" but to defeat the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
"Narendra Modi has announced that he will contest from Varanasi. So even I am going to Varanasi. We will ask people there on whether I should contest against Modi. If they say yes then I am ready to contest", Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal added that if the BJP claims that voting for Modi would bring stability, then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has given more stability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan