Arvind Kejriwal will defeat Narendra Modi by 1 lakh votes: AAP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After defeating Sheila Dikshit in Delhi, the Aam Aadmi Party is confident of repeating its success story in the Lok Sabha elections.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Sanjay Singh on Thursday said party leader Arvind Kejriwal will defeat BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha election in Varanasi by at least one lakh votes.
He also urged Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi to contest against Modi in Varanasi. Digvijay Singh is not a strong contender against Modi from Varanasi, added Singh.
On Wednesday, a report said Congress leader Digvijay Singh has conveyed his willingness to the party members to take on Modi in Varanasi.
However, there has been no official confirmation from the Congress regarding the issue.
The Congress has declared its resolve to put up a formidable candidate against the BJP`s PM nominee in the Lok Sabha polls and ruled out support to Aam Aadmi Party`s Arvind Kejriwal.
Notably, Kejriwal has already vowed to defeat Modi.
Kejriwal has said that he will hold a rally in Varanasi to decide if people want him to take on Modi, who the BJP has fielded in the Hindu holy town in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS