Arvind Kejriwal will defeat Narendra Modi by 1 lakh votes: AAP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After defeating Sheila Dikshit in Delhi, the Aam Aadmi Party is confident of repeating its success story in the Lok Sabha elections.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Sanjay Singh on Thursday said party leader Arvind Kejriwal will defeat BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha election in Varanasi by at least one lakh votes.
He also urged Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi to contest against Modi in Varanasi. Digvijay Singh is not a strong contender against Modi from Varanasi, added Singh.
On Wednesday, a report said Congress leader Digvijay Singh has conveyed his willingness to the party members to take on Modi in Varanasi.
However, there has been no official confirmation from the Congress regarding the issue.
The Congress has declared its resolve to put up a formidable candidate against the BJP`s PM nominee in the Lok Sabha polls and ruled out support to Aam Aadmi Party`s Arvind Kejriwal.
Notably, Kejriwal has already vowed to defeat Modi.
Kejriwal has said that he will hold a rally in Varanasi to decide if people want him to take on Modi, who the BJP has fielded in the Hindu holy town in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH