Arvind Kejriwal’s AAP asks PM to sack Pawan Bansal
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to sack Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal after his nephew was arrested for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 90 lakh.
"It is also essential that all recent postings at critical positions in the railways and large contracts given by the railways during Bansal`s tenure must be examined and investigated," it said in a statement.
"Any delay in sacking Bansal would show the complicity of his political bosses in this corruption," it further said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday arrested Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and three others in Chandigarh after a senior railway official allegedly paid the money to him to become a member of the Railway Board.
According to AAP, it was impossible to believe the minister`s claim that he had no knowledge of the bribery.
"Bansal`s statement that his nephew had taken this bribe without his knowledge or consent is incredible and unbelievable.
"Bansal must immediately be sacked by the Prime Minister and should be pro-actively investigated by the CBI."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed