Arvind Kejriwal’s AAP asks PM to sack Pawan Bansal
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to sack Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal after his nephew was arrested for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 90 lakh.
"It is also essential that all recent postings at critical positions in the railways and large contracts given by the railways during Bansal`s tenure must be examined and investigated," it said in a statement.
"Any delay in sacking Bansal would show the complicity of his political bosses in this corruption," it further said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday arrested Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and three others in Chandigarh after a senior railway official allegedly paid the money to him to become a member of the Railway Board.
According to AAP, it was impossible to believe the minister`s claim that he had no knowledge of the bribery.
"Bansal`s statement that his nephew had taken this bribe without his knowledge or consent is incredible and unbelievable.
"Bansal must immediately be sacked by the Prime Minister and should be pro-actively investigated by the CBI."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere