Asaram Bapu booked for slapping cameraman
Ghaziabad: An FIR was on Monday lodged here against religious guru Asaram Bapu for allegedly manhandling a cameraman of a news channel.
"Asaram Bapu was booked under Section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) on the complaint of cameraperson Sachin Kumar," SHO of Kavi Nagar police station Sudhir Kumar Tyagi said.
As per the FIR, Asaram allegedly slapped Kumar when he failed to follow the religious leader`s instruction to capture in camera the congregation during a Samagam (meeting) in Ghaziabad on Sunday evening.
Kumar was taking Asaram`s interview when the latter asked him to pan the camera at his followers attending the `Samagan`. Kumar apparently did not hear Bapu`s instruction and was allegedly slapped by him.
Kumar approached the Kavi Nagar police station where the FIR was registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32