Asaram Bapu booked for slapping cameraman
Ghaziabad: An FIR was on Monday lodged here against religious guru Asaram Bapu for allegedly manhandling a cameraman of a news channel.
"Asaram Bapu was booked under Section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) on the complaint of cameraperson Sachin Kumar," SHO of Kavi Nagar police station Sudhir Kumar Tyagi said.
As per the FIR, Asaram allegedly slapped Kumar when he failed to follow the religious leader`s instruction to capture in camera the congregation during a Samagam (meeting) in Ghaziabad on Sunday evening.
Kumar was taking Asaram`s interview when the latter asked him to pan the camera at his followers attending the `Samagan`. Kumar apparently did not hear Bapu`s instruction and was allegedly slapped by him.
Kumar approached the Kavi Nagar police station where the FIR was registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers