Asaram Bapu case: Godman’s son says girl is ‘mentally unstable’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Asaram Bapu continues to face huge criticism over the sexual assault charges leveled against him by a 16-year-old girl, self-styled godman’s son Narayan Sai has come out in defence of his father saying that the teenager is ‘mentally unstable’.
Sai made the bizarre statement during a religious gathering in Rajkot Gujarat.
Asaram Bapu has been accused by the minor of sexually assaulting her at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city.
The girl had made a complaint at a police station in Delhi on Aug 20, accusing Asaram Bapu of sexually assaulting her at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, police said.
A Jodhpur Police team yesterday delivered summons to Asaram in this case involving a minor and asked him to appear before the Jodhpur police for questioning by August 30.
Asaram Bapu`s aide Neelam Dubey has also defended him in this case of alleged sexual assault.
Asaram Bapu has been booked under Sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
Besides the summons served on Asaram Bapu, notices have also been issued to the manager of Chhindwara gurukul in Madhya Pradesh, hostel warden and the main caretaker of Asaram, who was present at Manai ashram in Jodhpur with him on August 15, when the alleged sexual assault took place there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves