Asaram Bapu enjoying VIP status in prison: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Asaram Bapu, under arrest after he was blamed for sexually assaulting a minor girl, is enjoying VIP status in jail, reports claimed on Wednesday.
The controversial godman has been kept alone in a barrack in Jodhpur jail.
Besides being provided bed and mattress, the self-styled godman is also being given special food, reports said.
Asaram, 72, was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh following an FIR lodged by the victim that she was sexually assaulted by him.
He was later sent to 14 days` judicial custody; his bail plea is set to comeup for hearing today.
The godman has been accused by a 16-year-old girl of sexually assaulting her at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city.
He has been booked under sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act in connection with the alleged assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation