Asaram Bapu enjoying VIP status in prison: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Asaram Bapu, under arrest after he was blamed for sexually assaulting a minor girl, is enjoying VIP status in jail, reports claimed on Wednesday.
The controversial godman has been kept alone in a barrack in Jodhpur jail.
Besides being provided bed and mattress, the self-styled godman is also being given special food, reports said.
Asaram, 72, was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh following an FIR lodged by the victim that she was sexually assaulted by him.
He was later sent to 14 days` judicial custody; his bail plea is set to comeup for hearing today.
The godman has been accused by a 16-year-old girl of sexually assaulting her at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city.
He has been booked under sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act in connection with the alleged assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day