Asaram Bapu served notice for land encroachment
Gujarat: The Gujarat officials on Thursday issued a fresh notice to the spiritual guru Asaram Bapu for illegal encroachment of the land on which Chikhli Ashram has been built.
District Collector of Navsari has issued the notice and has given two-day time to the spiritual guru and the Ashram members to vacate the encroached land.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Sabarkantha district authorities had issued notice to Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai to vacate over 70 hectares of land encroached in three villages of Himmatnagar taluka, district official said.
The notice was issued by Himmatnagar Mamlatdar BS Parajapati against 15 persons including Sai, they said.
“After receiving a complaint from the villagers about the encroachment, we conducted investigation and found the complaint was genuine," Prajapati said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM