Asaram Bapu served notice for land encroachment
Gujarat: The Gujarat officials on Thursday issued a fresh notice to the spiritual guru Asaram Bapu for illegal encroachment of the land on which Chikhli Ashram has been built.
District Collector of Navsari has issued the notice and has given two-day time to the spiritual guru and the Ashram members to vacate the encroached land.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Sabarkantha district authorities had issued notice to Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai to vacate over 70 hectares of land encroached in three villages of Himmatnagar taluka, district official said.
The notice was issued by Himmatnagar Mamlatdar BS Parajapati against 15 persons including Sai, they said.
“After receiving a complaint from the villagers about the encroachment, we conducted investigation and found the complaint was genuine," Prajapati said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels