Asaram Bapu: Shiva’s phone and the secrets it holds
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: In what will bring more trouble for Asaram Bapu, the Rajasthan police have accessed a video clip from the caretaker of the spiritual guru, Shiva’s mobile featuring the controversial godman with a girl, reports said on Friday.
Earlier, it was reported that Shiva possessed CDs featuring the controversial preacher with his female followers in his dhyan ki kutiya (meditation hut).
According to reports in Hindi newspapers, Asaram used to make the CDs of him with his female devotees in the hut in order to blackmail them.
Meanwhile, Additional Advocate General (AAG) Anand Purohit yesterday said that the sexual assault case involving allegations against Asaram was fit for trial in a fast-track court.
Talking to reporters, Purohit said the prosecution may also consider making one of Asaram`s associates, Shiva or Shilpi, a government witness.
While Shiva, an aide of Asaram`s, is in police custody, Shilpi, the warden at the Chhindwara Gurukul where the girl was a student, is still absconding. Jodhpur police said they have established a strong link in connection with the case between and Shiva and Shilpi.
"Shilpi is a vital link in the investigation... Shiva was the mediator between Shilpi and Asaram," DCP Ajay Pal Lamba told reporters here.
"It is Shilpi who planned to send the girl to Asaram by convincing her that she was under the spell of evil spirits and only Bapu could save her," the DCP added.
"Shilpi was in regular touch with the parents of the girl in order to convince them about taking their daughter to either the ashram at Jodhpur or in Ahmedabad," he said.
There were dozens of calls exchanged between Shilpi, Shiva and the girl`s parents from August 13 to 15, the day when the 16-yr-old-girl was allegedly sexually assaulted at Manai ashram by the accused.
Asaram Bapu, who was arrested for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, is currently lodged in Jodhpur Central Jail after a court on Monday sent him to 14-day judicial custody.
The minor has alleged that the sexual assault took place August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her August 20. The godman has denied the charge. Police, however, claimed they had a water-tight case against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter