Asaram Bapu`s son served notice to vacate 70 hectare land
Banaskantha: The Sabarkantha
district authorities have issued notice to spiritual guru
Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai to vacate over 70 hectares of
land encroached in three villages of Himmatnagar taluka,
district official said on Tuesday.
The notice was issued by Himmatnagar Mamlatdar B S
Parajapati against 15 persons including Sai, they said.
"After receiving a complaint from the villagers about the
encroachment, we conducted investigation and found the
complaint was genuine," Prajapati said.
"Sai and others have been asked to vacate the land in
Gambhoi, Rajapur and Pedhhmala within seven days of the
receipt of the notice. In case, the land is not vacated,
government will have it vacated and all expenses shall be born
by the party concerned," Prajapati said.
According to district officials, Sai and others were
served a notice in April this year under various clauses of
Tenancy Act, which restricts the purchase of agriculture land
by a non-agriculturist.
Prajapati said that sale documents produced by Sai and
others was found to be fake and hence, the deal has been set
The Ahmedabad district collector has also served
notice to Asaram Bapu to vacate over 67,000 sq mt land
allegedly encroached by him while building an ashram in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video