Asaram case: Baba Ramdev calls for code of conduct for saints
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In the wake of questions being raised over the genuineness of ‘spiritual gurus’ in the country following Asaram’s arrest, yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Friday said that saints are being criticised in the land of Gods.
While defending the godmen, Ramdev said that there should be a code of conduct for the saints as well.
Taking a dig at the Congress, Ramdev said that Sonia Gandhi has failed to curb corruption in the country.
Although he overtly refused to support Asaram who is facing allegations of sexual abuse of a minor, he said that saints also need money and have to struggle to earn their living.
Asaram has been accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city. He was arrested by the Jodhpur police on Monday.
While Asaram’s supporters have been demanding his release, many have opined that he should be punished severely.
The Vishwa Hindu Parishad, which has been in support of Asaram throughout the controversy, claimed that it’s a conspiracy to erode the faith of the Hindu followers.
As per reports in Hindi newspapers, Asaram used to make the CDs of him with his female devotees in his ‘meditation hut to blackmail them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016