Asaram clears 2nd potency test
Ahmedabad: Reports of the second potency test conducted on self-styled godman Asaram Bapu were positive, similar to the one obtained from Jodhpur last month, police said here on Friday.
"The potency test was conducted on Asaram today. We have received the medical report which is similar to the one obtained from Rajasthan," Joint Commissioner of Police Sector-I J K Bhatt told reporters here today.
Incidentally, 72-year-old Asaram had cleared a potency test conducted on him in Jodhpur last month.
Asked whether a lie-detector test would be conducted on the spiritual leader, Bhatt said that for certain tests, consent of the concerned person is required and Asaram has refused a lie-detector test.
Earlier, the test could not be held after Asaram had refused to co-operate with the police.
When asked if Asaram was cross-examined along with the victim during his remand period, Bhatt said that both of them were questioned, but not in front of each other as both denied to do so.
Police, it was learnt, would seek Asaram`s remand from the court tomorrow when his current remand period ends.
Recently, the Surat police registered two complaints - one against Asaram and another against his son Narayan Sai - for rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges, as alleged by the two sisters.
In her complaint, the elder of the two sisters accused Asaram of repeated sexual assaults during her stay in his ashram between 1997 and 2006 on the outskirts of Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video