Asaram is real saint, is innocent: Pravin Togadia
Rajkot: VHP leader Pravin Togadia on Wednesday supported controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, facing allegations of raping a minor girl, saying he was a genuine saint.
"Asaram Bapu is a real saint, he is innocent, but it has become a tradition in India to defame the religious leaders," the VHP`s international general secretary said while flagging off a procession to mark Lord Krishna`s birthday here.
Jodhpur Police in Rajasthan is currently probing the allegations of sexual assault levelled by a 16-year-old girl against Asaram.
Commenting on Uttar Pradesh government`s ban on VHP`s `Chaurasi-koshi yatra`, Togadia said it proved that Akhilesh Yadav government was "anti-Hindu".
Talking about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said VHP had no objection if he became the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video