Asaram is real saint, is innocent: Pravin Togadia
Rajkot: VHP leader Pravin Togadia on Wednesday supported controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, facing allegations of raping a minor girl, saying he was a genuine saint.
"Asaram Bapu is a real saint, he is innocent, but it has become a tradition in India to defame the religious leaders," the VHP`s international general secretary said while flagging off a procession to mark Lord Krishna`s birthday here.
Jodhpur Police in Rajasthan is currently probing the allegations of sexual assault levelled by a 16-year-old girl against Asaram.
Commenting on Uttar Pradesh government`s ban on VHP`s `Chaurasi-koshi yatra`, Togadia said it proved that Akhilesh Yadav government was "anti-Hindu".
Talking about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said VHP had no objection if he became the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency