Asaram made CDs of female followers to blackmail them?
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: In what could tighten the noose around Asaram Bapu`s neck, the caretaker of the spiritual guru is believed to possess the CDs featuring the controversial preacher with his female followers in his dhyan ki kutiya (meditation hut).
According to reports in Hindi newspapers, Asaram used to make the CDs of him with his female devotees in the hut to blackmail them.
Asaram Bapu, who was arrested for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, is currently lodged in Jodhpur Central Jail after a court on Monday sent him to 14-day judicial custody.
On Wednesday, Rajasthan additional advocate general Anand Purohit informed the sessions and district magistrate (Rural) that Shiva, the personal caretaker of the 72-year-old Asaram, has revealed that the spiritual guru used to meet women alone in his meditation hut after 8 pm to "heal" them.
Shiva has made a series of sensational revelations about Asaram, which will help prosecutors to build a strong case against the self-styled godman.
The police, meanwhile, requested the court to grant further custody of Shiva so that CD and video clippings of Asaram could be collected from Ahmedabad.
The court granted police four-day custody of Shiva.
Interrogators have claimed to have strong evidences proving the involvement of Asaram, Shiva and Madhya Pradesh`s Chhindwara gurukul hostel warden Shilpi in bringing the 16-year-old girl to the ashram outside Jodhpur city where the incident took place.
The girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram and the complaint was filed by her on August 20.
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi was codenamed 'gorgeous girl' by European middlemen?