‘Asaram must apologise for making statements about Buddha’
Mumbai: The Republican Party of India (RPI) said here on Friday that it would not allow self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, who is an accused in a sexual assault case, to enter Maharashtra if he does not tender an apology on the statement he made on Gautam Buddha.
"He should tender an apology. Otherwise, we will not allow him to enter the state. We will also disrupt the `satsang` organised by him in the state," RPI president Ramdas Athawale told reporters today.
He also said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi should not be blamed for the trouble faced by Asaram Bapu.
"How can he say that Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi is responsible for his troubles? Asaram Bapu should be arrested. Even his followers should think if they wish to follow the self-styled godman or not," Athawale said.
"We will not allow Asaram Bapu in Maharashtra. The police should not give him permission to organise satsang here," he said.
Meanwhile, Hindu right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha said that it would protest against accusations levelled against Asaram Bapu.
Meanwhile, condemning the remarks made by Asaram
against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, activists of national students union of india (NSUI) today attacked his ashram in Nashik`s Gangapur locality, police said.
Large number of activists gathered in front of the ashram this afternoon and pelted stones while staging demonstrations and burning effigies of the controversial godman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA