‘Asaram must apologise for making statements about Buddha’
Mumbai: The Republican Party of India (RPI) said here on Friday that it would not allow self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, who is an accused in a sexual assault case, to enter Maharashtra if he does not tender an apology on the statement he made on Gautam Buddha.
"He should tender an apology. Otherwise, we will not allow him to enter the state. We will also disrupt the `satsang` organised by him in the state," RPI president Ramdas Athawale told reporters today.
He also said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi should not be blamed for the trouble faced by Asaram Bapu.
"How can he say that Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi is responsible for his troubles? Asaram Bapu should be arrested. Even his followers should think if they wish to follow the self-styled godman or not," Athawale said.
"We will not allow Asaram Bapu in Maharashtra. The police should not give him permission to organise satsang here," he said.
Meanwhile, Hindu right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha said that it would protest against accusations levelled against Asaram Bapu.
Meanwhile, condemning the remarks made by Asaram
against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, activists of national students union of india (NSUI) today attacked his ashram in Nashik`s Gangapur locality, police said.
Large number of activists gathered in front of the ashram this afternoon and pelted stones while staging demonstrations and burning effigies of the controversial godman.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents