Asaram used to `heal` women after 8 pm
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a sensational revelation which may cause further trouble to Asaram Bapu in the sexual assault case, the spiritual leader`s personal caretaker has revealed that the self-styled godman used to meet women alone.
“Asaram does meet women alone after 8 pm ,” Shiva has reportedly told police.
On Wednesday, Rajasthan additional advocate general Anand Purohit informed the sessions and district magistrate (Rural) that Shiva has revealed that Asaram Bapu regularly met women in his `dhyan ki kutiya` (meditation hut) to "heal" them.
Asaram Bapu has hogged the limelight after a 16-year-old girl accused him of sexually assaulting her in his ashram on August 15.
The disclosure by Asaram`s caretaker Shiva, who has been in custody for a few days now, may tilt the case against the controversial guru, who has denied the rape accusations against him.
Shiva’s revelation also somewhat backs the claim made by Amrut Prajapati, who worked as a technical officer of the Ayurvedic division at Motera ashram for 12 long years, but later resigned to start practice at his own clinic at Odhav as an Ayurvedic doctor.
As per Prajapati, Asaram has built three ashrams all over India for women, who are like his "keeps".
“One day, I was allowed to see him (Asaram) inside his private room, as he was severely ill. Since the guards knew me well, I went straight to his room and found Asaram in a compromising position with a 25-year-old girl, who used to stay in the ashram. This was the turning point for me,” said Prajapati.
Asaram, who was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, has sought bail claiming that police erred in booking him under rape charges, which is non-bailable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE