Asaram`s comparison with Guru Nanak angers Sikhs, case filed
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In fresh trouble for controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is facing rape charges following a complaint of sexual assault by a minor in Jodhpur, a case has been filed against his ashram and close aides for comparing him to first Sikh saint, Guru Nanak Dev.
Reports on Monday said that the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Committee (DSGMC) had filed a complaint against Asaram`s trust and media adviser Neelam Dubey for comparing him to Guru Nanak Dev.
A similar complaint has also been filed against the controversial godman`s media advisor in Punjab by the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC).
Asaram`s media adviser Neelam Dubey invited the ire of the Sikh community after she said, "similar saints like Guru Nanak Dev also faced such allegations of rape as well" during a TV show.
In view of the complaint filed by the Sikh religious bodies, Delhi Police have also obtained the video footage of the show.
DCP (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi said that neither the Asaram trust or the godman has apologised or withdrawn their comments.
Last week, a 16-year-old girl gave a complaint to Delhi Police accusing the spiritual leader of sexually assaulting her at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur. The complaint was later forwarded to Rajasthan Police for investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says