Asaram’s son Narayan Sai escapes to Nepal?
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Surat: With Asaram Bapu’s son Narayan Sai continuing to evade law, the Surat Police on Tuesday expressed fears that the controversial godman may have fled the country via the Nepal border.
Sources told Zee News that a police team is on its way to Bihar to check at the Indo-Nepal border. Yesterday, the Surat Police had issued a lookout notice against Sai, following which it became impossible for him to leave the country via any airport or seaport.
Sai has been absconding for the last two days after fresh sexual assault complaints were registered against Asaram Bapu and Sai after two sisters accused the duo of abusing them.
Asaram, 75, was arrested in August on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl and has been in prison at Jodhpur in Rajasthan since then.
Narayan Sai has been booked for sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The complaint against Narayan Sai has been registered at Jhangirpura police station in Surat, while the one against his father Asaram has been transferred to Ahmedabad as the alleged incident happened there.
The older sister in her complaint is understood to have accused Asaram of sexual assault, while the younger one filed a complaint against his son. The incidents reportedly happened between 2001 and 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened