Asaram’s son Narayan Sai issues clarification, claims innocence
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Ahmedabad: Asaram Bapu’s son Narayan Sai, against whom a lookout notice has been issued in connection with a sexual abuse case, issued a clarification on Thursday in the form of newspaper advertisements.
In the advertisements published today in two Gujarati dailies, Sai claims that the case of sexual abuse lodged against was false and fabricated and that it was ‘’motivated.
He further claims innocence and says, he will “appear before the authorities at the right time”.
The clarification came a day after the Surat Police constituted six teams to look out for Sai, who has been untraceable ever since complaints of sexual assault were filed against the father-son duo by two sisters.
The Surat Police have also issued summons to Narayan Sai. Surat`s Commissioner of Police Rakesh Asthana told Zee Media that notices have been served at ashrams in Surat and Ahmedabad, asking Narayan to present himself before police at the earliest.
The lookout notice against Sai was issued on Monday after two sisters filed fresh sexual abuse complaints against the father-son duo.
While the elder sister claimed Asaram repeatedly sexually assaulted her between 1997 and 2006 while she was staying at his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city, the younger sister alleged Sai repeatedly assaulted her between 2002 and 2005 while she was living at their Surat ashram.
Asaram is already under arrest and is in judicial custody on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest