ASC employee held in Jaipur on spying charges
Jaipur: An employee of the Army Supply Corp, posted in the South Western Command, was arrested for allegedly passing confidential information to Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence, police said on Friday.
"The accused Upper Division Clerk B K Sinha (43) was spying for ISI and sharing classified information and documents regarding Army`s transport related movements to Nepal based ISI agent," said Additional DG (Intelligence) Dalpat Singh Dinkar.
Sinha was arrested by the state special branch on May 15 under Official Secrets Act and is currently under police remand, he said.
Sinha, hailing from Assam, joined as lower division clerk in 1995 and was posted in Siliguri in West Bengal from 2000 to 2011 during which he came into contact with an ex-serviceman, who introduced him to the ISI agent in Nepal.
Dinkar said that Sinha had been to Kathmandu for at least four times to meet the agent and provided him secret information and documents.
He was given Indian and Nepalese currency for spying, he said, adding, that the exact details of the amount is ascertained.
"We have recovered some important documents from his house in Jhotwara area here," the ADG said, adding that the accused was being interrogated by the intelligence officials for more information.
"Army will extend full cooperation to the police during investigation," said Defence spokesperson S D Goswami.
He added that it is a police case as Sinha, a civilian employee of the force, cannot be tried under Army Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof