Ascetics highlight Yamuna pollution to President
Mathura (Uttar Pradesh): More than 100 Vaishnavite ascetics from Maharashtra have requested President Pratibha Patil to help save the Yamuna river from pollution.
In a memorandum submitted to the President, whom they met at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on Monday, the delegation members said from Tajewala to Agra, the Yamuna is almost dead due to pollutants.
Braj Life Line convener told mediapersons in Mathura that the President was distressed and expressed concern after listening to the pain and anguish of the Vaishanavites from Amravati in Maharashtra.
The meeting was arranged the President`s husband, Devisingh Patil, who is a trustee of the Pushtiyamargiya temple of the Vaishanavites in Amravati.
Saints, ascetics and Yamuna bhakts of the Braj mandal area have begun a long march to solicit support for the Save Yamuna movement. It started from Sangam in Allahabad on March 2. They are scheduled to reach Fatehpur district on Tuesday and will end their march in Delhi mid-April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?