ASCPCR takes stock of children living in relief camps
Guwahati: A team from the Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights visited Goalpara in the state to take stock of the situation of the children living in the relief camps.
The ASCPCR team also examined about the condition of the sheltered families stricken by the recent violence during the panchayat elections in Goalpara district.
The team also interacted with inmates of the relief camps and inquired about the availability of baby food and other entitlements, official sources said here today.
The team comprising panel members Kalyani Das and Runumi Gogoi, consultants Chandan Barman and Urmimala Sengupta also held a meeting with the district officials expressing the satisfaction about the food items and basic amenities provided to the inmates.
On the commission`s concern over closure of the school due to the inmates taking shelter there, the Deputy Commissioner informed that within a week the inmates would be leaving for their homes and then the school would reopen, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane