ASCPCR takes stock of children living in relief camps
Guwahati: A team from the Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights visited Goalpara in the state to take stock of the situation of the children living in the relief camps.
The ASCPCR team also examined about the condition of the sheltered families stricken by the recent violence during the panchayat elections in Goalpara district.
The team also interacted with inmates of the relief camps and inquired about the availability of baby food and other entitlements, official sources said here today.
The team comprising panel members Kalyani Das and Runumi Gogoi, consultants Chandan Barman and Urmimala Sengupta also held a meeting with the district officials expressing the satisfaction about the food items and basic amenities provided to the inmates.
On the commission`s concern over closure of the school due to the inmates taking shelter there, the Deputy Commissioner informed that within a week the inmates would be leaving for their homes and then the school would reopen, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption