ASCPCR takes stock of children living in relief camps
Guwahati: A team from the Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights visited Goalpara in the state to take stock of the situation of the children living in the relief camps.
The ASCPCR team also examined about the condition of the sheltered families stricken by the recent violence during the panchayat elections in Goalpara district.
The team also interacted with inmates of the relief camps and inquired about the availability of baby food and other entitlements, official sources said here today.
The team comprising panel members Kalyani Das and Runumi Gogoi, consultants Chandan Barman and Urmimala Sengupta also held a meeting with the district officials expressing the satisfaction about the food items and basic amenities provided to the inmates.
On the commission`s concern over closure of the school due to the inmates taking shelter there, the Deputy Commissioner informed that within a week the inmates would be leaving for their homes and then the school would reopen, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy