ASCPCR takes stock of children living in relief camps
Guwahati: A team from the Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights visited Goalpara in the state to take stock of the situation of the children living in the relief camps.
The ASCPCR team also examined about the condition of the sheltered families stricken by the recent violence during the panchayat elections in Goalpara district.
The team also interacted with inmates of the relief camps and inquired about the availability of baby food and other entitlements, official sources said here today.
The team comprising panel members Kalyani Das and Runumi Gogoi, consultants Chandan Barman and Urmimala Sengupta also held a meeting with the district officials expressing the satisfaction about the food items and basic amenities provided to the inmates.
On the commission`s concern over closure of the school due to the inmates taking shelter there, the Deputy Commissioner informed that within a week the inmates would be leaving for their homes and then the school would reopen, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'