ASEAN summit: Khurshid meets Pakistani PM`s Special Advisor
Brunei: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday met Special Adviser to Pakistan Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz, on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit.
Khurshid is here to attend the 11th ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers` Meeting in Bandar Seri Begawan.
After the talks, Sartaz Aziz said he and Khurshid reviewed steps in confidence building measures and composite dialogue that have been going on.
Aziz further expressed hope that Manmohan Singh and Nawaz Sharif, the PMs of India and Pakistan respectively, can meet at the sideline of United Nations General Assembly in September if not earlier.
Commenting on Indo-Pak talks, Aziz said India has shown strong desire to carry relationship further and make it more positive.
This is the first high-level dialogue between India and Pakistan since Nawaz Sharif assumed Pakistan`s Prime Minister`s office.
In June, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s special envoy Satinder Lambah had met Sharif in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune