ASEAN summit: Khurshid meets Pakistani PM`s Special Advisor
Brunei: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday met Special Adviser to Pakistan Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz, on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit.
Khurshid is here to attend the 11th ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers` Meeting in Bandar Seri Begawan.
After the talks, Sartaz Aziz said he and Khurshid reviewed steps in confidence building measures and composite dialogue that have been going on.
Aziz further expressed hope that Manmohan Singh and Nawaz Sharif, the PMs of India and Pakistan respectively, can meet at the sideline of United Nations General Assembly in September if not earlier.
Commenting on Indo-Pak talks, Aziz said India has shown strong desire to carry relationship further and make it more positive.
This is the first high-level dialogue between India and Pakistan since Nawaz Sharif assumed Pakistan`s Prime Minister`s office.
In June, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s special envoy Satinder Lambah had met Sharif in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam