ASEAN summit: Khurshid meets Pakistani PM`s Special Advisor
Brunei: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday met Special Adviser to Pakistan Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz, on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit.
Khurshid is here to attend the 11th ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers` Meeting in Bandar Seri Begawan.
After the talks, Sartaz Aziz said he and Khurshid reviewed steps in confidence building measures and composite dialogue that have been going on.
Aziz further expressed hope that Manmohan Singh and Nawaz Sharif, the PMs of India and Pakistan respectively, can meet at the sideline of United Nations General Assembly in September if not earlier.
Commenting on Indo-Pak talks, Aziz said India has shown strong desire to carry relationship further and make it more positive.
This is the first high-level dialogue between India and Pakistan since Nawaz Sharif assumed Pakistan`s Prime Minister`s office.
In June, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s special envoy Satinder Lambah had met Sharif in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed