‘Aseemanand`s confession invalid in Malegaon case’
Mumbai: The CBI on Thursday said that the
special MCOCA court here can read the confessional statement
of Swami Aseemanand but cannot take it into consideration
while deciding the bail pleas of nine accused in the 2006
Malegaon blast case.
The accused moved the special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act court for bail on January 17, seeking
relief in the wake of Aseemanand`s statement.
Aseemanand, arrested last November for his alleged
role in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast, had said in his
confession before the magistrate that right-wing extremists
were responsible for the Malegoan blast too.
Commenting on CBI`s stand, defence advocate Jaleel
Ansari said it was "very unreasonable".
The Blast took place in Malegoan, Maharashtra, on
September 8, 2006, in which 37 people were killed and over 100
The court is likely to pass order on the bail
application on March 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee