‘Aseemanand`s confession invalid in Malegaon case’
Mumbai: The CBI on Thursday said that the
special MCOCA court here can read the confessional statement
of Swami Aseemanand but cannot take it into consideration
while deciding the bail pleas of nine accused in the 2006
Malegaon blast case.
The accused moved the special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act court for bail on January 17, seeking
relief in the wake of Aseemanand`s statement.
Aseemanand, arrested last November for his alleged
role in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast, had said in his
confession before the magistrate that right-wing extremists
were responsible for the Malegoan blast too.
Commenting on CBI`s stand, defence advocate Jaleel
Ansari said it was "very unreasonable".
The Blast took place in Malegoan, Maharashtra, on
September 8, 2006, in which 37 people were killed and over 100
The court is likely to pass order on the bail
application on March 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions