Ashram deaths: Asaram, son to be questioned
New Delhi: Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan Sai, Friday, will appear before the DK Trivedi Commission which is probing the mysterious death of two boys in Bapu’s ashram in 2008.
The commission is scheduled to question the father-son duo later today.
The commission was constituted in 2008 to probe the mysterious death of Dipesh Vaghela (10) and Abhishek Vaghela (11), after their decomposed bodies were found from the banks of Sabarmati River near Asaram Bapu`s ashram here. The boys were students at the ashram.
In October, 2009 former personal assistant of Narayan Sai had told the commission that he had seen Sai performing black magic.
Last year, the state CID department had submitted its report to the Gujarat High Court on the death of the two children.
However, Praful Vaghela, father of the deceased children - Dipak and Abhishek - had filed a petition in the high court requesting a CBI inquiry into the case alleging that CID was not investigating the case properly.
Abhishek and Dipak went missing from a residential school of the Asaram ashram in Ahmedabad in April 2008.
A few days later their mutilated bodies were found from the Sabarmati riverbed behind the ashram.
The issue kicked up a public furore that even led to violence. The parents have alleged that their children became guinea pigs in a `tantra sadhana` experiment in the ashram.
Following the public outcry, the case was handed over to the CID, which after a year of probing, filed a complaint of culpable homicide and booked seven sadhaks of the ashram.
The seven accused sadhaks, however, moved for anticipatory bail in the sessions court which was subsequently rejected.
The CID, in its report, has stated that Dipesh and Abhishek may have died because of drowning as per their post mortem examination report. However, the report mentioned that the accused had lied in their lie detection test about the ashram`s activities related to tantra sadhna and black magic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak