Ashram denies report Asaram involved in land grab case
Ahmedabad: The Asaram Ashram on Thursday denied as "baseless and erroneous" reports that its founder Asaram Bapu was allegedly involved in a Rs 700 crore land grab case in Madhya Pradesh.
"...The allegations on Sant Shri Asaramji Bapu are thoroughly baseless, untenable and rejected outright," Sunil Wankhede, Central Media In-charge at the Sant Shri Asaramji Ashram said in a statement.
Reports had it that Serious Fraud Investigations Office of the Corporate Affairs Ministry had sought prosecution of Asaram Bapu and his son in connection with allegations of grabbing 200 acres of land in Ratlam.
The land in question belongs to Jayant Vitamins Limited (JVL).
Wankhede said JVL had built Mangalya Mandir at Ratlam and established a Trust to maintain and look after the land in question.
"Shri Narain Sai is one of the Trustees of the said Trust," the statement said.
"As per our knowledge, initially in the SFIO report there were certain allegations on the former directors of M/s Jayant Vitamins Ltd. On not following the rules and regulations of the company law and other related issues," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!