Ashram denies report Asaram involved in land grab case
Ahmedabad: The Asaram Ashram on Thursday denied as "baseless and erroneous" reports that its founder Asaram Bapu was allegedly involved in a Rs 700 crore land grab case in Madhya Pradesh.
"...The allegations on Sant Shri Asaramji Bapu are thoroughly baseless, untenable and rejected outright," Sunil Wankhede, Central Media In-charge at the Sant Shri Asaramji Ashram said in a statement.
Reports had it that Serious Fraud Investigations Office of the Corporate Affairs Ministry had sought prosecution of Asaram Bapu and his son in connection with allegations of grabbing 200 acres of land in Ratlam.
The land in question belongs to Jayant Vitamins Limited (JVL).
Wankhede said JVL had built Mangalya Mandir at Ratlam and established a Trust to maintain and look after the land in question.
"Shri Narain Sai is one of the Trustees of the said Trust," the statement said.
"As per our knowledge, initially in the SFIO report there were certain allegations on the former directors of M/s Jayant Vitamins Ltd. On not following the rules and regulations of the company law and other related issues," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research