Ashwani Kumar for reducing delays in justice delivery system
New Delhi: New Law Minister Ashwani Kumar on Sunday said the need of the hour is to reduce delays in justice delivery system and to restore the balance in different organs of the government.
"We need to cut delays in justice delivery system. But most importantly is to restore the fine balance between different organs of government," Kumar said after the swearing-in ceremony here.
Kumar, who was elevated to the cabinet rank in the Union Ministry in the latest reshuffle, emphasised on constitutional discipline.
"The constitutional spirit and its discipline must be imbibed across the border. I believe we will need to bring a bit of constitutional discipline in the manner in which the Law Ministry is expected to be pivot for harmonising various jurisdiction within the government," he said.
Asked about his stand on the contrary views of judiciary and executives on policy issues, Kumar said, "Policy-making is not in the judiciary domain. That is domain of the political executives. It is a certainly in the domain of judiciary to correct aberration and the correct arbitrariness."
He said all institutions of the government need to have self imposed constitutional restraints and to ensure no organ of the government transgresses upon others` jurisdiction.
Kumar, a Rajya Sabha MP from Punjab further said, "Law and Justice Ministry should give the government sound legal advice in a timely manner so that key policy initiatives of the government whether they relate to ministry or governance are not held back unnecessarily."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics