Ashwani Kumar, Maitreyan in PAC
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and AIADMK member V Maitreyan have been elected to Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
It is the second term for Maitreyan in PAC as he had ceased to be a member of the panel on his retirement as a Rajya Sabha member in July.
Two vacancies in PAC from the Rajya Sabha quota were created after the retirement of Maitreyan from the Upper House and E M Sudarsana Natchiappan becoming a Union minister in June.
A vacancy in the Lok Sabha quota of the committee created by Girija Vyas becoming a Union minister is yet to be filled.
Kumar was a member of PAC before he became a union minister.
Earlier this year, he had to step down as Law Minister following a controversy over sharing of CBI`s Coalgate report with him.
He was under severe pressure from the opposition to quit after the Supreme Court came down heavily on CBI for allowing the Law Ministry to vet the draft of CBI probe report on Coalgate.
PAC is in the process of finalising its reports on coal block allocations and KG Basin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price