ASI arrested for accepting Rs 50,000 as bribe
Jaipur: An Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police was on Friday arrested by sleuths of Anti-corruption Bureau (ACB) in Bhilwara for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 50,000 from a man, an ACB official said.
Laxminarayan Sharma posted in Kotwali police station allegedly demanded the bribe from Navneet Atal for settling his three cases pending in the Kotwali police station, the official said.
ACB sleuths today arrested him, he said, adding a case has been lodged against Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi